The concern surrounding the spread of COVID-19 has increased and we as pastoral staff want to assure you that we are monitoring the issue and taking precautions to keep your family safe in order to proceed cautiously but confidently. Our goal is to continue to provide worship opportunities for you to grow in your faith and to serve our community in the days ahead.
Throughout this season, we encourage you to heed the advice of the CDC and US State Departments’ travel watches, alerts, and warnings, and to take common sense precautions in daily life.
Here is what we can do together…
During this time of unrest we want to remain committed to the Gospel by continuing to provide ministry for you and your family, as well as, to our community.
According to the CDC, the simple and practical hygiene that prevents the transmission of regular bugs is just as effective at preventing the spread of coronavirus (which causes COVID-19).
Our offices will continue to remain open with a very limited presence on Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please be assured, however, that your ministry staff will remain available to you, making every effort to be in constant communication about the ever-evolving news concerning the COVID-19 virus.
We want you to stay informed and feel included in the happenings of the church as much as possible. In addition to receiving our bulletin/newsletter through the mail, be on the lookout through our email Daily Updates, FB page and website for additional information. If you are not already receiving our bulletin or emails, please email email@example.com and she can add you to our weekly list.
What we are asking of you…
Join us in gathered worship!
Here are some things to know as we follow the CDC and TN Guidelines:
- We have our seating situated to comply with the 6’ Social Distancing guidelines. An usher will seat each person/family as you enter. You may want to get there a few minutes early but please do not arrive more than 30 minutes early. A designated overflow area for required masks is available for those who prefer that extra caution.
- Our services now begin at 10 a.m.!!!! Please note that time change for all services. This includes our online service beginning this week. You can now watch our weekly service and Sunday School teachings on our YouTube Channel or right here on our website. A link is also provided each week on our Facebook page. Also, please look for our broadcast ministry, A Good Word for Today, on CTNTV (Charter Channel 5 / Antenna TV Channel 27 Sundays at 10am, Tuesdays at 6pm, and Thursdays at noon. Our weekly broadcast on WCLE-104.1 continues each Sunday at 8am (Listen online at http://mix104.info/listen-now/).
- We ONLY have 2 building entrances open for entry: the main one that faces Georgetown Road (Green Entrance) and the one in the back under the drive thru (Red Entrance).
- There will be designated entrances and exits into and out of the Worship Center.
- We love to fellowship with each other and we will all be tempted to visit with our friends that we haven’t seen in a really long time. Please remember to social distance yourself as you greet and catch up with the church family.
- Parents, if you bring your children you’ll need to remember these things specifically: 1. There is no preschool or children’s childcare/activities. 2. They will need to stay with you at all times. Please do not allow them to visit with their friends or run around the Worship Center or Hallways, before, during or after the service.
- If you are not quite ready or still have some concerns about gathering, by all means stay home!! You should not feel pressured to come just because the doors are open. Soon enough we hope to gather as we did before.
Join us in worship ONLINE!
We want to continue to help you grow in your faith and to pray for you even if you can’t attend in person. You can now worship with us every Sunday at 10am here on our website and YouTube Channel and at 8am on WCLE-104.1FM.
If you’re a regular giver at Westwood, please continue to give either in-person, online, or by mail (4001 Georgetown Rd. NW, Cleveland, TN 37312).
Your continued generosity is a vital resource that enables us to continue our Gospel-mission on a weekly basis.
Further efforts to adapt our worship gatherings, our events, and our programs will be made if, and as, deemed necessary.
Our friends at Longhollow Baptist Church in Nashville offered the following suggestions to their church family, and we ask that you join us in doing these for our city and county as well…
Simply put…let’s show the love of Christ to our community throughout this time of fear and unrest.
One of the best ways to do so during the spread of illness is simply to be a good neighbor. If you live beside or are in close contact with families who have high-risk individuals in their homes, reach out to see if they need anything. Maybe that means offering to pick up supplies on your next trip to the store, or dropping off some food if they’re unable to get out. Simply look for ways that you can be salt and light in the coming weeks, and commit to praying for our leaders and community.
Of course, a great way to help your neighbors is by practicing common sense health routines yourself. Wash your hands regularly, use hand sanitizer after you touch shared surfaces, and stay home if you’re sick.
Above all else, remember that we serve a sovereign God who instructs us not to live in a spirit of fear.
God is good…He is faithful…and we know that He is still at work all around us. Let’s continue to be the Church and walk with God together in the days ahead.
We’ll do our very best to keep you updated as our schedules and plans change.
Hope to see you well and cared for in the coming weeks!
Praying for us all!